Lawyers for Brexit, advice for British residents and companies
The separation of the United Kingdom from the European Union has brought with it a series of legal consequences that affect English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish citizens and companies. Of course, among the main immediate consequences is the need to put in order all kinds of legal documentation, permits, to individuals and English companies residing in Spain, the bureaucracy, documentation and resolution of residence problems, visas, permits, etc. because of Brexit.
The Brexit process is in transition until December 31, 2020, while you as English will have a period of 21 months to put in order all your legal documentation.
Legal advice in this type of case is essential, in order to carry out each of the procedures that must be carried out in each particular case correctly.
What procedures should you do as an English resident in the European Union after Brexit?
The procedures can vary depending on the status and legal situation of each person, for example:
- If you are a native of the United Kingdom residing in Spain, you must have the residence certificate, this document will be a valid document to prove your legal situation in Spain, in this case you can proceed to request the TIE document (foreigner identity card), where note that you issue pursuant to the withdrawal agreement.
- If you are of another nationality with family members from the United Kingdom, resident in Spain, you must process the family card of a citizen of the European Union. This valid document will prove your legal situation in Spain. in this case you can proceed to request the TIE document (foreigner identity card), where it is stated that you issue conformity with the withdrawal agreement.
- If you are from the United Kingdom who enters Spain within the transition period you must request a registration certificate, in this case you can proceed to request the TIE document (foreigner identity card), stating that you issue in accordance with the withdrawal agreement.
- If you are from another country with relatives from the United Kingdom, who enter Spain during the transitional period, you must manage the family card of a citizen of the European Union. In this case you can proceed to request the TIE document (foreigner identity card), stating that you issue conformity with the withdrawal agreement.
- If you are a native of the United Kingdom and have Spanish nationality, you should not update any procedure.
- If you are a UK driver's license holder and live in another EU country, you may need to exchange your UK license for a license issued by an EU country. EU and EEA (European Economic Area) licenses will continue to be accepted in the UK for visitors and residents.
In addition, it is essential that you have in order all the documentation related to:
- Municipal Register: since this is a way of verifying that you are duly registered in the place where you reside.
- Residents' income tax, whether or not it is an obligated subject, so that you record the process.
- Registration of foreigners, showing accurately, your place of origin, the NIE and the address of domicile in Spain.
" If you are a native of the United Kingdom residing in Spain, you must have a residence certificate, this document will be a valid document to prove your legal situation in Spain. "
For temporary visitors:
- The legal passport is separated from the passport of the European Union, therefore, you as an English visitor to the European Union must process the new passport, which returns to the blue model of golden letters.
- Some countries will require drivers to have an International Driving Permit (IDP), especially for longer visits. EU and EEA licenses will continue to be accepted in the UK for visitors and residents.
- UK insurance remains valid for visiting the EEA during the transition period.
- So far, no European visa exemption is required for British citizens, who will be able to enter the EU only upon presentation of the British passport, thanks to the EU honoring the right of free transit.
In relation to companies of English origin that operate within Spain, all relevant legal documentation must be subject to the law, despite the fact that this continues to be a sector in which the waiting for new trade conditions continues from 2021.
Companies carry the greatest burden in the process, as the restructuring of trade agreements is proposed, for its part, Brexit could affect international trade between the United Kingdom and Europe, since it represents 50% of the British market for exports. Therefore, the actions to be taken should be based on the decisions and agreements reached with the WTO.
Why should you seek legal advice from specialized Brexit attorneys?
Generally, this type of atypical cases, will generate a lot of confusion and uncertainty in the procedures, which vary depending on many factors subject to your legal situation or each company, therefore, the appropriate legal guidance allows you to save time, money and sincere adequately your legal situation.
The specialized Brexit lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in the current laws of the United Kingdom and the European Union, therefore, it will make you more manageable and accurate every management.
How much could documentation management like English cost you in Spain?
The cost of this type of procedure is very variable, and depends on the legal status of each citizen, this will also depend on the speed in each of the steps you want to make.
How long could the process regularization take?
The transitional process is until December 31, 2020, and according to the procedure provided for in Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union, establishes a period of at least two years to end all the connection between the United Kingdom and the Union In Europe, however, the volume of cases that lawyers must handle is quite high, so it is essential to complete each procedure quickly in order to comply with the requirements on time.